The CSS minification preserve the operational qualities of the code while reducing its overall byte footprint.
- No source code side-effects
- Removes unnecessary line breaks, whitespaces and indentation characters
- Removes comments
- Removes the last semicolon of a style declaration and extra semicolons
- Removes empty CSS declarations
- Shortens zero values (e.g. -0px), removes units when using zero values
- Removes the leading 0 if a float value is lower than one
- Keeps a single charset per CSS file removing all extra declarations
- Chances RGB color values to a shorter hexadecimal format
- Shortens hexadecimal color codes, the pattern #AABBCC is reduced to #ABC
- None/null values are converted to 0 whenever safe to do so
Compression can dramatically reduce your page's size and thereby increase its speed. Minify your script to knock off 50 - 70% from your HTML, JS, and CSS files!
Standards are always out of date. That’s what makes them standards.Alan Bennett