What is web page size checker?
Webpage Size Checker Tool allows to measure the website's page size in Bytes and kilobytes. The website's performance is determined based on the speed of how much time it takes to open the particular webpage.
In order to improve website speed, the size of the web page should be reduced from MB to KB to load faster compared to other sites.
- Use gzip compression
- Move all CSS style rules into a single, external and minified CSS file
- Minify all JS files and, if possible, try combining them into a single external JS file
- use the latest CSS layouts features
Why you should optimize your web pages
Simply put, optimizing means keep page load times quick for people on any computer with any internet speed. Your website size has a significant impact on how fast the website loads. The smaller the volume of data on the page, the earlier your visitors see it and interact with your content. With shorter load times can reduce bounce rates because visitors almost immediately see website content.
These are some general measures to consider for optimization:
- Resize your images: Where possible reduce the image size dimensions (e.g. 1024 by 720 pixels) and file size (e.g. 95 Kilobytes).
- Optimize image file names: For your SEO page and for ranking in image search results, it is necessary to choose the correct file name including descriptive keywords.
- Use alt tags: Valuable information can be provided to search engine spiders to know what a picture is about. A successful alt tag provides meaning and also supports users with visual impairments.
- Image captions: Subtext words immediately below images provide additional context to your readers and improves their user experience.
- Reduce HTTP requests: According to Yahoo, 80 percent of the load time of a Web page is spent downloading the various sections of the website, such as images, stylesheets and scripts. For each of these elements, an HTTP request is made, the more components the longer the pages takes to load and to be fully rendered.
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.Richard Moore